Cande Care and Safety
THE FIRST BURN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT
Give your candle enough burning time to develop a melted wax pool that goes all the way to the edge of the container on the first use - this can take up to a few hours, depending on candle size.
If you don’t allow your candle enough time to form a full melt pool on the first burn, a little depression or “tunnel” may start to form around the wick.
This will make it more difficult for the wax around the edges of the jar to melt, causing the tunneling effect to continue with each burn.
Eventually the tunnel will become too deep for fresh oxygen to flow in, and your candle will have trouble staying lit for more than short periods of time.
To prevent this issue, make sure to give your candle enough time to develop a melted wax pool that goes all the way to the edge of the container the first time you use it.
KEEP YOUR WICK TRIMMED
For optimal burn, keep your wood wick trimmed to about ⅛” .You’ll also want to clean off any charred bits.
An old set of nail clippers or wire cutters works well for trimming wood wicks. You can also use a napkin and your fingers to gently break off the burn parts.
Make sure you let your candle cool before trimming, as you don’t want any bits of ash or wick material left in the wax when you’re done. It’s much easier to clean this up when the wax is hard and cool.
Always burn a candle on a heat and fire safe surface.
Burn candles in a well-ventilated but not drafty room.
In general, it is recommended that you do not burn candles for longer than four hours and cool for at least two hours before relighting.
Never leave a lit candle unattended.
Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, or anything else that may easily burn.
Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is still molten.
Do not use the candle lid to extinguish the candle.
Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water will cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.